Beyoncé's top 5 songs: Why she's Queen B

Beyoncé was born Beyoncé Giselle Knowles on September 4, 1981 in Houston, TX. starting singing, dancing and doing talent shows when she was a young child. Since then, Beyoncé was in a girl group called Destiny's Child and then went on to pursue her solo career.

Beyoncé has parlayed that into a twenty-time Grammy winner with numerous nominations and recognition. During her solo career, Beyoncé married rap mogul, Jay Z, becoming Mrs. Carter and they have one child together. Although some of her lyrics are written by other R&B artists, her performances are what takes her records to a another level.

“Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
“Single Ladies” is Beyoncé’s best song yet. This song won three Grammy's in 2010 and it peaked at number one on the Billboard charts. Currently the black and white video of Beyonce and two girls dancing in leotards has gained almost 400 million views on YouTube.com

Lyrics: “I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips, hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans. Acting up, drink in my cup, I could care less what you think. I need no permission, did I mention, don't pay him any attention. Cause you had your turn and now you gonna learn, what it really feels like to miss me.”

“Drunk In Love” feat. Jay-Z
Beyoncé and her husband Jay Z release the song and 2004 after she released this brand new album online without anyone even leaking the news. The video is set on a beachfront as Beyoncé dances in the sand, hair wet and looking drunk in love. It gives a new take on how crazy your feelings can be for someone.

Lyrics: “We be all night, and everything alright. No complaints for my body, so fluorescent under these lights Boy, I'm drinking, walking in my l'assemblage. I'm rubbing on it, rub-rubbing.”

“Irreplaceable”
This track had all the ladies singing "Irreplaceable" to anybody who was not treating them right. Beyonce's lyrics are about a man who decided to cheat on her and keep it a secret. She showed she really knows her worth and kicks him out. The video is very creative in telling the story.

Lyrics: “So since I’m not your everything, how about I'll be nothing. Nothing at all to you. Baby I won't shed a tear for you, I won't lose a wink of sleep. Cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so easy. To the left, to the left.”

"Dangerously In Love"
There’s no mistake that Beyoncé knows how to record great party songs but she also has great love songs. “Dangerously in Love” represent our deep feelings of love for the person that she's with. This was Beyoncé’s first single and self-entitled album since leaving Destiny’s Child.

Lyrics: “Cause I am in love with you. You set me free. I can't do this thing called life without you here with me. 'Cause I'm dangerously in love with you. I'll never leave. Just keep lovin' me, the way I love you loving me.”

“Feeling Myself” feat. Nicki Minaj
Well, the title of this song let's you know it's going to be provocative. The video with Beyoncé and Nikki is up close and personal as if they are best friends, sometimes actually feeling themselves. The current success of the two is a pretty good reason to have this much confidence.

Lyrics: “Changed the game with that digital drop. Know where you was when that digital popped. I stopped the world. Male or female, it make no difference. I stop the world, world stop…carry on. I'm whippin' that work, he diggin' that work. I got it, 36 of that real. Hanky full of that bounce, baby. Come get you some of that bounce, baby.”




posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home