Yo Gotti's best songs and he's still going
From the album Back 2 da Basics, the single, “That's What's Up (Intro)”, proved to be a street anthem to all his fans. In this song he gets back to the basics of what started him in the game of drugs and rapping. This album debuted at Number 6 on the Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Verse: “A ni**a raided yo spot, confiscated yo block N he didn't get shot, you a h*e ni**a”
The 2013 song off the I Am album, “I Know” ft. Rich Homie Quan, gave Rich Homie Quan his national appearance in the rap genre. The song did not make Billboard charts but his fans recognized this as one of the best songs off the album. This single was made to acknowledge some people around you may pretend to be friends. Beware and pay attention and you will find out who they really are.
Hook: “I know, I know, I know I know, I know, I know. You ain’t that ni**a you say you is. Just know that I know, I know, I know. Them streets, they fuck with me strong. And them bitches gon’ fuck just because money long. You know that I know, I know, I know. Well you know that I know it, I know it, I know”
Verse: “You a fuck ni**a and it ain’t a secret. I’m so official they can referee it. Black gun, white work, I got jungle fever, 28 on the scale, all I drop is ether. Get money, break bread, gotta feed your people. Every day like thanksgiving, everybody eating”
"Cold Blood"(feat. J. Cole & Canei Finch) is another single released off the I Am album in 2013. The album reached No. 2 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. This song is about the way the world is toward someone who has been impoverished and the things one has to go through to survive.
Hook: “Started from the ground, building to the sky now. Watch it fall down, but how you gon’ survive now? Yeah, it’s cold blood in a ni**a. The streets left no love in a ni**a”
Verse: “Lights off, no candles, roaches all around the kitchen. Ni**a hungry, mom embarrassed, so she don't want us to mention it. Grandma wanna help but mama ego kickin' in. She a hustla, she don't need no help raisin' her kids. Bills came, got evicted, stayed strong, square business. She ain't Neva shown weakness, real shit. That created the hunger, and that made the monster. Got the game from our mama. That's some ill shit!”
“Standing In the Kitchen” was one of the singles released on Cocaine Musik 3 Mixtape in 2009. It reached to the number 6 on the Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Yo Gotti, has never been shy about his previous life before being a rapper. This single describes how to make money selling drugs, the repercussions, and the paranoia.
Chorus: “I’m just standing in the kitchen. Over the stove just water whippin’. Mixin’ soda with the yola. Bet I can show ya how to get some movin'”
Verse: "Baking soda beaken cup stretch it out whip it up 2 to 4, 4 to 8 I can make it double up glock 40 hush ‘em up If a ni**a rushin’ up AK-47 banana clip bitch I'll hush ‘em up"
On the Cocaine Musik 7 Mixtape, Yo Gotti teamed up with the rapper Jakakiss for the single
“Ain’t no turning around” feat. Jadakiss This song reveals the consequences of selling drugs. It is meant as a warning that when you make the choice for this lifestyle, you must accept the rules and what will eventually happen to you.
Chorus: “Once you put your hand on that pot. Ain't no turning around, ain't no turning around. Once you bust your first glock. Ain't no turning around, ain't no turning around. Once you jump off that porch. Ain't no turning around, ain't no turning around. These streets hot as a torch. Ain't no turning around, ain't no turning around.”
Verse: “Before you put your hand in it. You got to be the man in it. You got to understand it, got to know the rules to the game. Got to sacrifice, got to know it's a five year sentence for a brick of white. That's if your record clean Lord knows it’s a poor sight.”
0 comments:
Post a Comment